Phone: (519) 566-6057
1) What are your views on cycling in Windsor?
Cycling for enjoyment, exercise and as a mode of transportation not only lessens our impact on the environment but it is good for our health.
2) Do you own a bike? How often do you ride it?
Yes I have owned a bike since childhood and still do. I ride it as much as possible but not as much as I’d like to due to my busy schedule. All four of my family members own a bike.
3) Recent research shows that 65% of Windsorites have ridden a bike in the last year. What do you think can be done to get more Windsorites cycling more often?
To get more Windsorites cycling there should be improved cycling lanes throughout the city with more connections to all areas. Also, with the increase of e-bikes and motorized bikes the lack of cycling lanes must be addressed.
The roads that are under construction or will be under construction should be widened (if possible) to encompass a bike lane.
4) What do you think needs to be done to make Windsor more bicycle friendly?
- Drivers and cyclists have to be better educated on the rules of the roads through better communication and information sharing.
- Efforts by city council to include bike lanes at the planning stage before roads are under construction.
- There should be development of several interconnecting trails throughout the city to allow a continuous flow of cycling.
5) What are your views on enforcing cycling laws in Windsor?
The existing cycling laws should be enforced. Police should target aggressive motorists that do not offer cyclists the right of way.
Cyclists, also, must take the initiative to be better equipped including proper head gear, reflective gear/lights so they are visible to motorists.
6) Are you willing to make a commitment to bike to at least 4 city council meetings per year, to lead by example?
I am willing to commit to at least 4 council meetings.