1) What are your views on cycling in Windsor?
There are many who cycle choosing a less expensive, more environmentally friendly, much healthier, and/or more enjoyable way to travel. Unfortunately, Windsor could be much more bicycle friendly.
2) Do you own a bike? How often do you ride it?
When I was a young child I rode my bike with My Mom practically everyday (she didn’t have a drivers license) that was our mode of transportation, looking back I can’t believe how far we would travel throughout Windsor. And even in college, I rode my “supercycle” bike everyday to school. I realized when my knees were hitting the handlebar, to put some money towards a better bike. So with my hard earned minimum wage pay, I purchased a Nishiki Navajo. I’ve enjoyed riding it for many years; of course with the slight modification of a baby seat being attached. Now that My son is five, and enjoys his bike, he’s always asking “Daddy, Can we go for a bike ride?”
I would say we ride twice a week through our neighborhood and bush area.
3) Recent research shows that 65% of Windsorites have ridden a bike in the last year. What do you think can be done to get more windsorites cycling more often?
I would like to see more workplaces and local governments getting involved; to encourage people to cycle to work. Cycling keeps you ﬁt, it’s fast, cheap and reliable – and it’s good for the environment. I believe there could be a partnership between local government and businesses. This partnership could be devised to promote the “myths” of riding and hopefully in turn business could expand their role as employer, by adding some bike friendly provisions at the workplace.
4) What do you think needs to be done to make Windsor more bicycle friendly?
Bike paths! Windsor is not serious enough about bike paths nor the safety of bicyclists. Basically if the road is wide enough, there might be a bike path, if not, good-luck!
5) What are your views on enforcing cycling laws in Windsor?
6) Are you willing to make a commitment to bike to at least 4 city council meetings per year, to lead by example?
I am willing to commit to you, if I am elected, the percentage of VOTES I receive in this years election will equal the percentage of meetings I will choose to commute on bike. For example, if 75% of WARD 10 votes for me, I will ride to 75% of the meetings, if 60% of WARD 10 votes for me, I will ride to 60% of the meetings, and so on. This my commitment to you :^)