5989 Wyandotte Street East N8S 1M9
Yes I own a bicycle and i ride it often but I have major concern, because when people talk about bicycles in this city, they talk about more bike lanes and paths. This is important, and i agree more needs to be done on this side of things. But there is another side of the bicycle question that needs to be addressed, and i don’t think enough is being said about it. I am talking about educating riders on the safe way to operate their bikes on and around roadways. I stand in my store daily, and it amazes me how many bicyclist put their lives in danger because they don’t seem to understand the basic rules of riding safely. I see them ride the wrong way on city streets, and I see them riding on side walks and see them blowing through intersections. Many many times I have seen near accidents because unsuspecting car drivers were surprised when a bicyclist came out of no where.
we need to step up our efforts to educate cyclist of all ages BUT especially of our children, so that all the extra efforts to get people to ride more often such as dedicated bike lanes DO NOT simply end in more tragedy. Also I am very much in support of giving out lights to bike riders which it will cost money , but just like when the fire department gives out batteries for fire alarms. As for the last question I would rather say that I will deal with the bicycle problems as they arise but I can not promise four meetings a year for that issue alone.
1) What are your views on cycling in Windsor?
2) Do you own a bike? How often do you ride it?
3) Recent research shows that 65% of Windsorites have ridden a bike in the last year. What do you think can be done to get more windsorites cycling more often?
4) What do you think needs to be done to make Windsor more bicycle friendly?
5) What are your views on enforcing cycling laws in Windsor?
6) Are you willing to make a commitment to bike to at least 4 city council meetings per year, to lead by example?