Cécile Paquette Crouchman
8475 Baseline Road
Phone: (519) 739-1740
1) What are your views on cycling in Windsor?
I attended the cycling conference that was held in late June 2010 at the U.of W. and I am very keen on Windsor becoming more “bike friendly – share the road” idea.
2) Do you own a bike? How often do you ride it?
I own a bicycle and ride it as much as I can in good weather. (3-4 times per week), however, I have been busy walking all over Ward 9 due to my campaigning efforts.
3) Recent research shows that 65% of Windsorites have ridden a bike in the last year. What do you think can be done to get more windsorites cycling more often?
4) What do you think needs to be done to make Windsor more bicycle friendly?
More advertisements about bike safety – share the road info.
5) What are your views on enforcing cycling laws in Windsor?
Much criticisms has been given to “bad cyclers” who do not stop at stop signs – even lights!! They should be ticketed if WPD observes this kind of behaviour. Unless a road has bicycle lanes, I don’t believe cyclers should be ticketed if they ride on the sidewalks, as long a they don’t interfere with pedestrians.
6) Are you willing to make a commitment to bike to at least 4 city council meetings per year, to lead by example?
I live on Baseline Road and at present there are no bicycle lanes on my road, nor Hwy 42 or Walker Road for me to ride my bicycle to get to City Council Meetings.
I have been instrumental in having a petition heard at City of Windsor Council at end of June 2010 to have the 80 km speed limit reduced on Baseline Road. The By Law was changed in July 2010 and the new 60 km speed limit signs were installed in August 2010